SUBJECT: Grade 7, Algebra 1
TOPIC: Factoring Monomials and Binomials
INTERACTIVITY: Student will use the bulletin board as an answer guide for the worksheet.
- Do worksheet questions.
- Match answers you got with the answers on the windows.
- Open window to reveal correct answer and compare your results.
- Write favorite quote and reason it was your favorite.
- "The whole is more than the sum of its parts" Aristotle
- "Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I assure you that mine are greater" Albert Einstein
- "Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth" Blaise Pascal
- "He who can properly define and divide is to be considered a god" Plato
- "Life is good for only two things, discovering mathematics and teaching mathematics" Simeon Poisson
- "Whenever you can, count" Sir Frances Galton
- "I have had my results for a long time: but I do not yet know how I am to arrive at them" Karl Frederich Gauss
DIRECTIONS: Factor the equations then match them up with the correct answer. Open the window to see if you are correct and get a little bit of inspiration with a quote from a famous mathematician
TIME: This activity should take students about 15 - 20 minutes to complete.
SPECIAL CONSTRUCTION: Flip windows, general border, lamination of inside answer and quote for protection against constant use.
CREDIT: Students who hand in worksheet with correct answers and favorite quote will receive 5 bonus points on the next test.